Sunday, July 2, 2017

Prayers, Coffee, Breakfast & Go With the Flow

March 15th, 2017

Here we go! Last day at the Orphanage...
Breakfast -  Bread, always a staple  

Service projects 

Julianna, Christiana, and I helped sort books that had been donated.
I attempted to read whatever French book fell into my hands :)  I {tried} reading the German puzzle book with Casandra and laughed at the children's books together
Outside they were taking apart the fence since it was a fire hazard and at some point, all the kids from Pro Vita had the screwdrivers and we were joking how we came overseas to help and all the kids had the screwdrivers... :) 

Lunch and interview with Father Tenasi

He put the microphone in his beard... we thought he was kidding, but he was completely serious.  

Gems from Father Tenasi

~ Live with intensity 
~ If you are a couple holding hands is good, as long as Christ is at the center
~ If there is sin, there is no longer liberty 

~ He who drinks well sleeps well. He who sleeps well does not sin. He who doesn't sin will be saved. Therefore, he who drinks well will be saved. 

~ Make use of your youth

~ Live in the moment, not 5 years ahead of time. When you're 18, be 18. Don't be 26. 26 will come you'll never be 18 again
~ Live the fullest for Christ 

Coffee time...
We had coffee and chilled then walked around with the kids

Vespers - fleeting, but permeating peaceful moment - prayer of St. Ephraim not much room and doing the half prostrations - girl made sure I did my cross with my hand going all the way to my left shoulder - didn't feel angry just a lot of love though I thought to myself that I should be a little bit annoyed 

Dinner - soup and bread as always
Chanter from the local church came and brought us his homemade white wine to wish us well on our journey to Bucharest 
Homemade prune juice - interesting stuff 

Saying goodbye - touched me more than I thought especially Raresh - basic French with Johnny 

Debrief - pretty emotional - 
We must be bold for Christ - persecutions today 
Vulnerability to love and be loved 
Much more difficult than we thought. 

Told three times today that I look Romanian and "look too Romanian" 

Comforters without sheets 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment